Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Guilt

Guilt - a feeling that starts to develop around the age of two and haunts us for the rest of our lives!!! I know it is the feeling that guides one's moral compass... But sometimes, you feel guilty even when there is no big moral issue involved. Living abroad is one of them....
I feel guilty when something goes wrong with folks back home - especially our parents. I feel guilty because we are not around to help them. They spent their lives taking care of us, but we are not there to take care of them. I know that is the circle of life.... I know they are grown up adults and can handle things by themselves. I also know that they are not too old yet that they need help. Still I feel guilty. I feel a moral obligation to be there when they or sick or during a mishap. They may not even need the physical or financial support. I think they would appreciate the moral support that we can provide.
So here is the million dollar question - Do we stay or leave? If we leave when????

No comments:

Post a Comment