Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Us time (just us)

From the time we were visited by the stork again, about 8 months ago, life has been pretty full. Full of commitments.... Me committed to the newcomer of the family, apart from the other things I was already committed to (older son, hubby, house chores, college, etc, etc.). Hubby too, has been quite busy at work with meetings starting at 9:00 AM and going on through out the day, sometimes as late as 10:00 PM. I find it funny when he says that all these meetings are not work and he has to stay up until 1:00 or 2:00 AM to do his "actual" work... Long story short, my hubby and I have hardly had time to even see each other, leave alone have a decent conversation. When he announced he was going to take a day off, as he had peaked on accumulated vacation days, I pounced on the opportunity immediately to make it a "date" afternoon. My older son would be in preschool, but what do I do with my younger one? Luckily my mom is here helping my sister with her newborn and she was happy to have him for few hours.

On D-day, I was super excited. I picked out my clothes with a lot of thought. I picked out complementing jewellery and even a scarf! I styled my hair the way hubby likes. For someone like me, who has not cared about personal appearance for a while, this is BIG!! I fed my little boy lunch, made him nap at my sister's place, left behind a cup of yogurt for his evening snack and took off with hubby. Interestingly, this time I did not feel guilty. I felt shy and nervous like a teenager going out on a date. When we parked our car and got out, I held my hubby's hand. Wow that felt good... I wondered how long had it been since I held the hands of 'MY MAN' lovingly... I could feel that I was blushing. We watched a beautiful movie with coffee, ice cream and pizza. After the movie, we stopped at a burger joint opposite to the theater and shared a burger. While we sat at the table, I held his hand, looked deeply into his eyes and said "I love you". Somehow I felt really connected to him (something I've not felt for a long time). I must have been in a trans the entire 3 hours, because I did not think of my children. Hmmm.... Dating is so blissful while married life can be sooooo stressful.

No comments:

Post a Comment